. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . .
The implant software development group is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with a strong history of creating and maintaining an embedded software development environment. Individuals at this level are experienced in software development with a full understanding of best practices and are able to work with general instructions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- You are required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours / week.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
17 people in a development, All located in Portland.
Open to Remote if there is a good enough experience.
Work Timings : 8 am – 5 am PST with a break.
Weekly meetings : 2pm Mon; or 10am Tue; depends on for which team you will be working in.
- Interview : 1st Telephonic round; 2nd Interview with each member of the team ~45mins each.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years in software development, including two years as a level II Software Engineer.
- Experience with the operating environments, development environments, support libraries, source code management, and debugging tools currently in use by the company.
- Experience in the application area for which the company generates software products.
- Strong Experience in Embedded systems with C Programming language and high-level clinical algorithms.
Working with low-power, very resource limited, running microcontrollers, 8-bit (not 32), very limited memory space, slow-speed (1.5 mega HZ).
- Good experience in working with Medical Electronics and reading the data sheet produced by IC. And Interpret that.
- Experience in Medical Deeply Embedded system is a huge plus.
- Experience working with sophisticated algorithm in a timely manner.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Contributes to requirements specification and architecture development. Develops designs and code.
- Generates and executes appropriate level of verification for each work product.
- Generates and maintains software documentation required for the project. Generates work estimates for assigned tasks.
- Helps develop and monitor personal schedules within the broader team schedule.
- Works with internal contacts within a team as well as cross-functional team contacts, taking direction from the team lead.
- Works on diverse problems.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Remains current in relevant software development processes, techniques and tools.
Highly Regulated Industry (not code & fix) – Design documents, pre-reviews and reviews Before actual coding.
- Remains current in the latest advances and developments in the application area for which the company generates products.
- May suggest and implement new approaches to solving problems.
- Follows process and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement.
- May serve as project lead on small-scale projects.
- May provide technical mentoring and coaching to lower level software engineers.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to travel internationally and domestically, roughly 10% of the time.
- 401(k) benefits upon your date of hire.
- HSA, Life Insurance, AD&D, Disability coverage, and any
- Elective coverages go into effect 1st of the month following your date of hire.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Uncapped PTO, and more.
- Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare Education and Enrollment Support
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends