We are a Technology company with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM) reporting solutions.
Since 1993. 500 headcount. 100M+ revenue. An enterprise client is looking for an experienced engineer with 2-10 years of commercial software engineering experience in test automation to provide ongoing assistance as Quality Engineer. The ideal candidate will be available to work full time and overlap with the EST
time to work with senior developers and QA analysts and will have practical experience working on a cross-functional team within a Scrum-Agile process and experience testing applications on both desktop and web browsers. The tech stack is primarily C#.
Our current team has around 12 full-time engineers.
- FE – React, Redux
- BE – C#/NET Core
- Cloud – AWS/Azure
- QA – Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework/CodedUI/NUnit and Jira
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Analyst
- 2+ years of software programming skills to support the creation and management of automated test scripts
- Codings in an object-oriented language, such as C# or Java
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework, CodedUI, NUnit, or Selenium is an asset
- Knowledge of defect tracking software such as TFS, Jira, an asset
- Knowledge of test case management tools such as Microsoft Test Manager
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases
- Knowledge of Data-Driven testing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile/Scrum an asset
- A University or College degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- Strong general knowledge of computers and the Internet, including terminology and popular Web browser, and email software
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally, and via email
- Performs time management well, juggling concurrent projects and tasks and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrates a positive attitude when performing under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner
- A strong team player
- Accounting education and knowledge would be a strong asset
- The QA Analyst will test Longview software for functionality, performance, usability, consistency, grammar, and spelling.
- The focus will be to help build and evolve our automated testing framework that will be used to perform functional testing but also includes manual testing and test case development.
- Performs testing on new product features and documents behavior accordingly
- Creates flexible and maintainable automated test scripts to support QA automation
- Maintains existing test plans, confirming their accuracy and completeness
- Performs regression testing as required according to existing test plans, including structural functionality, component-specific items, conversion-related issues, etc.
- Learns new software components, either product-related or supporting software, and provides test documentation
- Investigates defects in a timely fashion according to the information provided within the defect description and the relevant operating systems
- Accurately records, tracks, and reproduces defects using defect tracking software
- Creates and updates documentation related to QA processes and procedures
- Suggests areas for improvement within existing test cases
- Provides input to identify gaps in existing testing
- Utilizes the test environment through virtual images and ensures environmental consistency
- Provides timely and accurate updates to the Scrum team
- Responds efficiently to last-minute requests and special projects, and produces results
- Pursues additional knowledge through forum subscriptions and newsletters in order to be current with new developments
- Participates in relevant meetings and tasks as required
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted.
– Long term employment;
– Flexible working hours and remote work;
– 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
– Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
– Career growth opportunities;
– Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
– A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends