Do you like developing APIs? Do you have experience building APIs via GraphQL? If so, we want you!
Our team is looking for someone who can help us build new APIs per a specific domain. We are developing a distributed system of APIs, transforming products into a scalable federated system.
You will be responsible for developing the APIs and then exposing them through our API Gateway. These APIs will be consumed by a multitude of front-end applications. All services are containerized and launched using our Kubernetes cluster.
We are looking for someone with experience in NodeJS and GraphQL. You should be able to develop APIs quickly and efficiently while following best practices. In addition, you should be familiar with microservices and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What We Do
Some of the data we need will exist in legacy systems. Unsurprisingly, legacy data may have mixed domains or schemes that are not scalable. Our task is to extract and translate the data into new databases, largely focusing on making sure a single domain is extracted, avoiding tight coupling. Then we decide whether to mass migrate or support parallel information through Kafka slowly moving away from the old system and keeping old archived data.
Tech Stack Summary:
- GraphQL APIs + GraphQL Federation via API Gateway
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm
- Github CI/CD with a Continuous Delivery Model
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB, Kafka
- AWS Cloud Services
- Distributed Service Architecture
Front-end Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 3+ years of NodeJS API development (for senior candidates, 5+ years preferred)
- 3+ years working professionally with NodeJS in any capacity
- 2+ years working professionally with GraphQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of how distributed and monolithic architectures works.
- SOLID grasp of programming paradigms and patterns
- A clear understanding of best practices and testing patterns
- Experience working with TypeScript, Prisma, Jest, and Apollo Server is a plus.
- High ability to tolerate the occasional dad joke or pun
- Working knowledge of event-driven systems
- You love what you do
- You are passionate about creating something awesome
- You are passionate about working in teams to achieve great things
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity
NodeJS API Developer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with a dynamic group of people in various time zones
- Build, test, and maintain across the full cycle within a domain
- Develop domain-centric API services / Microservices
- Own development, quality, and maintenance of each service launched
- Own security, monitoring, and alerting on everything you develop
- Write unit tests that help prevent regression
- Own services from build to deployment, followed by maintaining service and optimizing performance
- Opportunity to move across the stack between backend and front-end development if interested
What We Do
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with a 4% match from the company
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flex Birthday day off
- Monthly Wellness Classes (virtually!)