. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
The Principal Digital IC Design Engineer will be responsible for project team leadership and individual technical contributions of all phases of innovation, design, and development of low power, mixed signal and analog integrated circuits for life critical implantable medical device products and technology from market definition through release and maintenance. The successful candidate will have a significant breadth of knowledge and experience with a broad range of disciplines beyond integrated circuit design including research, marketing, design, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, quality, and testing. Success is measured by the on-time delivery of product specific integrated circuits that address key clinical and business needs of our customers and exceed industry standards for reliability and quality.
Specific development responsibilities involve using state-of-the-art CAD tools for the design, simulation, integration and verification of integrated circuits and systems including concept/specification, partitioning and block level design, detailed circuit design and simulation, layout floor-planning and transistor level layout, bench verification and testing, test vector development, and documentation. The individual in this position directly interacts and collaborates with system, software, and clinical engineering departments and medical consultants in addition to IC design, test and layout engineers with US and International based design centers.
- We are building Next-generation Biomonitoring system.
- While developing our products we are using RTL, EDA (Cadence design tools, Synopsys design tools), Mixed-signal design etc.
- Our team has 16 people in Sugar land, TX and 10 in Lake Oswago, Oregon (if you are located in NorCal or WA you are welcomed to join our Portland OR office)
- Standard hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. The reality is that we have had flexible hours through the pandemic and most are working in excess of the standard 40-hour workweek.
- 3 interview stages: 30mins with a Project Lead, 60mins interview with an Architect and 3hrs interview with a Team
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering (MS / PhD) with additional background in biomedical engineering, physiology, biology, and/or business principles with demonstrated expertise in fundamental electrical engineering, circuit, and systems principles and closed form analytical approaches. Preferred: 5+ years implantable medical device industry experience including FDA regulated design controls and product approval process.
- The successful candidate should be a self-motivated independent thinker able to apply industry research and personal experience to design proposals combined with strong verbal communications skill and strong technical document writing skills.
- 10 years of experience in System and Digital Design or Verification for very low power portable and/or implantable applications, with a strong grasp of the tradeoffs involved in using various analog and digital circuit design techniques to optimally implement system functions. General knowledge of industry standard Controller/CPU technologies like ARM/RISC and etc. are desirable.
- General understanding of CMOS processes, device characteristics and models, transistor level circuit analysis and design concepts and trade-offs: BW, noise, power, feedback analysis, stability etc., worst case process corners, margin and Monte Carlo analysis, and design-for-test. Preferred: Knowledge of low power flows, including voltage/power domains, power shutoff, retention is desired using advanced deep submicron processes
- Solid Understanding of RTL design/verification flows using multiple voltage/power domains, power shutoff and retention logic for highly optimized circuits
- Extensive working knowledge and use of Cadence LP Digital Design flow methodology, Genus, Conformal, Innovus and other Cadence tools. Preferred: Knowledge of scripting/language (perl, shell, tcl, python) along with C/C++, as well Matlab is desirable
- Experience in lab bench characterization and test-vector generation for pre-silicon and post-silicon verification, design-for-manufacturing test vector generation, production support, fault isolation and failure analysis, and pre-clinical and clinical testing environments.
- The successful candidate would demonstrate industry recognition of technical accomplishments in the form of patents and/or published articles. Preferred: Experience with international teams and a working knowledge of German would be highly desirable.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours / week.
- Design and development of high-performance and high-reliability ultra-low power integrated circuits for implantable medical products.
- Active involvement in all aspects of IC design, including the development of functional concepts and specifications, top-level design architecture, design partitioning and block level design, detailed circuit design and simulation, layout floor-planning and transistor level layout, bench verification and testing, test-vector development, and documentation.
- RTL Design and Verification of ultra-low power digital IP and functional blocks (combinatorial, sequential, synchronous, asynchronous, state machines, etc.) for timing, control interfacing, and signal processing. Also include complex state machine controllers, CPU’s, and other chip interfaces for SPI and etc.
- Create behavioral models for modules and system level verification models for circuits. Perform pre-silicon verification and post-silicon validation of circuits. Collaborate with IC Test groups to define production vectors.
- Consult with physicians, clinical research, published literature, and technology leaders on new and existing technologies, trends, and requirements for their uses.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.