. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
Our software monitors what’s happening with your brand across the Internet and delivers actionable market data so you can focus on building stronger customer relationships, driving sales, and building the bottom line.
Our clients use our services to:
- Gain deep insights into their online markets
- Gauge market opportunities for new products and brands
- Manage and enforce MAP programs
- Understand market feedback and catch product issues before they snowball
Main Job responsibilities are tightly connected to database/data architecture. Which DB to choose for this type of data? Scalability roadmap?
- Most of the team is in the US time zone.
- 1 MySQL DB 2 TerraBytes
- 1 Elastic Search DB (most info here) 11 TerraBytes
- A mix of Data (prices, vendors, items + pics)
- Cloud AWS and moving to On-prem
- 80% is Portuguese or Spanish-speaking (Brasil, Spain, Dominican, Mexico)
- 9-10 am central US time
- SCRUM – Kanban + AGILE
- Weekly All hands – Friday Noon
Ten plus years of experience with data architecture and technology infrastructures, data governance, event-driven and self-service architectures, and managing data quality operations that standardize data definitions, maintenance and quality metrics, and expertise in system design and development experience is required.
- Must have a strong understanding of data warehouse, data lake, and metadata architectures.
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL (Postgres, MySQL).
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and other data analytics applications.
- Experience with tools such as Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Hadoop (HBase).
- Expertise in OLTP and OLAP systems design and performance optimization.
- Experience with Snowflake, DataBrick, or Cloud Warehouse Technologies.
- Experience with AWS environment
- Must have proven ability to collaborate with others to understand and complete project goals.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex concepts.
- Must have excellent time management and decision-making skills and be able to prioritize and organize tasks and projects.
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing timelines effectively.
- Must have proven ability to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to complex problems.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and works effectively and collaboratively across various departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must have significant leadership experience with the ability to exercise good judgment and make key timely decisions.
As a database architect, you will be responsible for data governance frameworks such as establishing standards, creating the business data catalog, defining data ownership, creating data lineage maps, defining metadata, defining quality KPIs and improving data quality, and developing a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Also, responsible for event-driven and self-service data architectures.
- Defines the vision, strategy, and principles of data management to support corporate strategies and priorities. Ensures data-related projects align with the data architecture and business goals and adhers to applicable standards and policies.
- Defines standards for naming, governing, managing, modeling, transforming, storing, searching, and delivering data within the enterprise. Establishes end-to-end data architectural accountability for defining and refining enterprise architecture for the data governance framework.
- Proposes and governs proof of concepts for new technologies which could result in differentiating data architecture capabilities.
- Guides, develops, and delivers documentation and data models that guide project software development teams. Provides solutions for the enterprise data warehouse, reporting, applications, and other data-related initiatives, including event driven and self-service frameworks.
- Defines data standards/reference architectures for use by project teams in developing technical designs. Collaborates with business units to establish and validate data design requirements.
- Produces data architecture standards and policies that guides data development, business intelligence, and report development. Defines and validates performance and scalability requirements-based testing.
- Reviews business cases and initiatives and identifies, assesses, and reports on architecture feasibility, costs, and issues. Consults on data architecture issues to promote the accurate and secure use of data and recommends updates to data architecture based on evolving Data Warehouse/business intelligence (BI) needs.
- Manages metadata repositories for the data warehouse which includes data models, data dictionaries, data lineage, and data quality controls to keep pace with business development and technology modernization. Evaluates data architecture artifacts to keep them current, accurate, relevant, and accessible.
- Performs code reviews for data development and advises data team members and application developers with respect to data development practices. Reports development and business intelligence efforts to align with data architecture standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs technical analyzes and supports ad-hoc and standard reporting, business information requests, and other data-related items as needed.
- Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Flexible working hours and remote work;
- 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends