Our mission is to inspire and empower people to live their healthiest lives, every day.
At Everyday Health, we bridge the gap between lifestyle and medical sites, delivering trusted health information as
well as fun-to-read tips and insights that make life a little easier.
We are committed to providing our audience with trusted, evidence-based health and medical information from the
nation’s leading healthcare providers and patient advocates at the center of clinical care.
Operation Team: 5 – 6 people;
DBA Team: 2 people
the Team works using get-it-done approach
Daily Stand-ups: Mon – Thu, 2 pm EST
2 stages of interview.
● 5+ years’ experience in Production Operations Engineering / DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent
● 2-5 years supporting highly available websites using PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, Solr, Node, GraphQL and
● Deep familiarity with DevOps, server / application and related security best practices
● Experience working with a cloud provider and in-house data centers
● Experience managing and developing highly-available and distributed servers.
● Implementing and creating CI/CD pipelines
● In depth understanding and practical knowledge of Linux and Window Operating Systems.
● You have worked with AWS and are comfortable with the most essential services (e.g. EC2, CloudFront, Route53,
S3, RDS, ElastiCache, Lambda, API Gateway, ALBs, ELBs etc…)
● Experience in the following tools/areas:
o Active Directory, DNS, DFS, Security Groups and Permissions
o OpenLDAP / Bind
o Continuous integration/deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Maven)
o Scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Java, YAML, Groovy etc…)
o Public Cloud (preference for AWS)
▪ Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
▪ Auto-scaling and/or self-healing systems
▪ Serverless Applications / Lambda / API Gateway
▪ Web Application Firewalls
▪ VPC / IAM / Roles
o Extensive Knowledge in Configuration Management and Automation tooling (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet,
o Packaging/Containers (e.g. Docker/ECS )
o Monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, SumoLogic, Elastic Search, Nagios )
o QA Testing Tools (e.g. Selenium, SauceLabs )
o Version Control (Git)
o CDN Providers
o Security Tools ( e.g. Rapid7, AlertLogic, Crowdstrike )
● 2-5 years web application development
● SQL Server skills
● You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt
● Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services.
● Research, evaluate, develop and deploy new applications to improve the environment.
● Build out a new environments architected with modern technology in mind
● Work side by side with developers to understand and collaborate in the full development lifecycle
● Make suggestions, improve on existing infrastructure and drive how development team thinks about
● Champion best practices in DevOps to the entire tech organization
● Setup sophisticated and comprehensive alerting systems that will intelligently determine and notify responsible
parties of problems in production systems
● Evolve our security practices to ensure a high level of compliance
● Leverage both system and software engineering skills in order to address the needs of the teams.
● Be consistently learning, as staying on top of your game is part of your job.
● Automate our infrastructure, software builds, testing, deployments, etc
● Participate in an on-call rotation to support the websites we build and maintain
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted.
– Long term employment;
– Flexible working hours and remote work;
– Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
– Career growth opportunities;
– Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
– A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends