. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We are leading providers of digital health and wellness solutions. Our product attracts a large and engaged audience of consumers and healthcare professionals to its premier health and wellness properties, and utilizes its data and analytics expertise to deliver highly personalized content experiences and efficient and effective marketing and engagement solutions. Our product enables consumers to manage their daily health and wellness needs, healthcare professionals to stay informed and make better decisions for their patients, and marketers, health payers, and providers to communicate and engage with consumers and healthcare professionals to drive better health outcomes. Our content and solutions are delivered through multiple channels, including desktop, mobile web, and mobile phone and tablet applications, as well as video and social media.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly detail-oriented Senior Front End Engineer to join our tight-knit team. You’ll contribute to numerous high-profile projects of strategic importance to the business and will share your knowledge of best practices, strategies, and techniques. We work together to create a website experience that helps our audience live healthier lives every day.
Become a part of a close team of highly collaborative developers who work hard and who also play hard! If you’re a talented and enthusiastic developer with a passion for clean re-usable code and are looking to join a rapidly growing team with an emphasis on creating exciting products in the health industry then read on…
- We manage a network of healthcare websites.
- We build a CMS to spin up new sites as we acquire them.
- We have a multinational and multicultural team. We have 2 x Devs in New York, 1 x Dev in Florida, and 3 x Devs in Ukraine. (including 1 QA)
- Stack: React, Node JS, TS, Next js., Cloud-native, Serverless, AWS. Cucumber, Jenkins, Java for QA automation and scripting.
For containerization…– The QA team actually makes heavy use of containerization via Docker.– For development, there is a mix of docker and majority use of AWS serverless features… (Lambdas, AWS Batch).
- Testing is done via 75% is existing selenium framework, 25% manual
Unit test coverage is above around 50%. This is something that the team is actively focusing on this sprint so we’re hoping to get this up above 50%.
On top of that, we estimate that Selenium tests currently cover over 65% of priority features. We want to get to 90% as soon as we can.
- Daily stand-ups are at 9.30 am EST.
- Once a week we have SCRUM – AGILE ceremonies at 11 am-12 pm
- We release every week,
- We have 2 weeks sprints
- Time overlap should be from 8 am – 1 pm EST
- For communication, we use Slack, Jira, Confluence. The project is well-documented from both product and technology perspectives.
- LATAM, Europe or Africa
- Windows, Mac, Ubuntu are OK. VPN is needed. We have everything deployed on Amazon Linux.
- There is one 2.5hrs interview with a VP of Engineering, Project, and QA Lead
- Take-home exercise (3-4hrs) if there are some doubts.
- Minimum 5+ years of front end development experience
- Expert knowledge with HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JSON, AJAX
- Redux is NOT needed. Hooks would be a PLUS.
- Proficient with third-party API integrations, REST web services
- Proficient with mobile-first responsive web development
- Proficient with integration with Analytics (Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with modern CSS precompilers (LESS, SASS/SCSS, STYLUS)
- Experience with JS compilers (Babel)
- Experience with Node.js is a PLUS
- Experience with SEO is a PLUS
- Experience with the digital media industry is a PLUS
- Work closely with our design and tech teams to create engaging, next level products
- Collaborate with other developers to maintain standards and create a re-usable codebase
- Anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- Create clean, semantic markup inline with current best practices in a timely manner
- Create elegant and performant client-side application code
- Implement design layouts in code to the pixel and for various platforms and browsers
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends