. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We actively build an open-source database release automation tool. Our segment, of the more, is a broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
Our worldwide community contributes code improvements and our team reviews, tests, and delivers these improvements as community releases.
The goal of this role is to improve our testing frameworks as well as the number and quality of automated tests. Easier testing means easier, safer, and faster validation of community contributions. Contributors will know that their changes work (and don’t break anything else) and our team can accept and release community innovation faster.
This job is an opportunity to collaborate with open-source engineers all around the world, showcase your technical ability, and have a positive impact on a global scale. You should have a passion for test engineering and automation and enjoy working in an Agile/Scrum development team.
We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers. Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Around 7 people work on the project
You will test a Java code. You may use Selenium if needed.
Daily stand-ups at 9 am Central Standard Time
The team is in CST, EST, and CET. We need you to overlap from 9 am till 3 pm CST.
There is a test task in place after screening.
A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
We work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
2 interviews: 60 mins with a Software Development lead and 30 mins with a VP of Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java with specific expertise in Java automation test frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Spock, and RestAssured
- 2+ years experience with SQL and relational databases (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- High demand on quality & testability of own source code
- Independent, structured, and systematic way of working
- Very good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the use of JIRA/Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and agile development methods (Scrum) is helpful
- Experience deployment with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
RestAPI’s knowledge would be a plus
- Reading, understanding, and enhancing an extensive and established Java-based code repository supporting multiple products
- Work with a technical lead and product manager to clearly define product requirements.
- Work with colleagues and engineering leadership to define technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
- Identify improvements to reduce technical debt.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- FREE English language classes;
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Variety of projects/technologies to work on;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and the ability to move up within the company
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends