. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We actively build an open-source database release automation tool. Our segment, of the more, is a broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
Our worldwide community contributes code improvements and our team reviews, tests, and delivers these improvements as community releases.
The goal of this role is to improve our testing frameworks as well as the number and quality of automated tests. Easier testing means easier, safer, and faster validation of community contributions. Contributors will know that their changes work (and don’t break anything else) and our team can accept and release community innovation faster.
This job is an opportunity to collaborate with open-source engineers all around the world, showcase your technical ability, and have a positive impact on a global scale. You should have a passion for test engineering and automation and enjoy working in an Agile/Scrum development team.
We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers. Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
- Around 7 people work on the project
- You will test a Java code. You may use Selenium if needed.
- Daily stand-ups at 9 am Central Standard Time
- The team is in CET and EST
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- We work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
2 interviews: 60 mins with a QA lead and 30 mins with a VP of Engineering.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a QA Automation Engineer with good object-oriented design and coding skills
- 3+ years experience programming in Java with specific expertise in Java automation test frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Spock, and RestAssured
- 2+ years experience with SQL and relational databases (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience in creating efficient test plans, test case development, and execution plans
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team
- Hands-on experience developing test tools, frameworks, and automated tests in scripting and object-oriented languages for command-line interfaces
- Experience monitoring and maintaining automated tests with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Test automation – becoming a test suite builder
- Providing technical leadership for our community QA team
- Taking responsibility for quality from end to end, including analyzing test data, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing solutions
- Building and expanding automated test infrastructure along with writing and maintaining automated regression and acceptance tests
- Collaborating with developers to improve test quality
- Designing and maintaining test strategies for comprehensive, customer-focused end-to-end testing
- Reviewing and providing testing feedback on product requirements
- Responsible for documenting test requirements and designing test coverage plans
- Documenting and reporting defects with the steps needed to reproduce
- Contributing to test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends