. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We are working to make counting calories simpler, was created to help members reach a healthy weight by providing them with the tools they need for success. As one of the first apps in the app store and an early pioneer of calorie counting, we have spent the last decade helping more than 40 million members lose more than 100 million pounds. Top performing companies recognize the power of an engaged, focused, and healthy workforce in driving better business outcomes. Provide a clear path to new skills and total wellness with Challenges!
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities on our backend infrastructure (in support of our website and mobile apps).
- The app is built on: Java, MySQL, and AWS.
- Mobile Native: iOS – Swift; Android – Kotlin
- A web app – does not exist yet. The front-end engineer has to architect it from scratch. We already have UI/UX designs.
- Corretto 8 JVM provided by Amazon
- We run tomcat on that for the webserver.
- Team members are in the United States. We have people in the US (West coast), South Carolina, etc.
- Overlap with PST from 9 am to 2 pm (8 am to 5 pm would be ideal)
- Start Date: ASAP
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer for Middle to Senior candidates
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer for Senior to Lead candidates
- Comfortable coding and debugging in most of the stack – Java (or similar language), SQL, Redis, web servers, message queues.
- Experience with running workloads in a cloud provider (AWS is preferable)
- Must have experience in AWS, Java, Corretto 8, and MySQL.
- Adapting our existing system to be more Enterprise-friendly, including support for Single Sign On, OAuth, Two Factor Authentication.
- Experience in Fitness or Healthcare domain.
- Positive mindset, Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Executes tactical efforts autonomously.
- Very responsive; quickly adapts to code feedback.
- Understanding business requirements and translate them into intuitive user experience.
- Building infrastructure support for Challenge Programs such as Burn and Earn.
- Develop new internal endpoints in support of new Web-based admin and dashboard apps.
- Develop a set of externally accessible system API’s for our customers who wish to
integrate directly with their own systems.
- Maintenance and support of our existing Challenges infrastructure.
- Ability to be on-call for production systems and can resolve issues with support of
teammates in a timely fashion.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- We will cover 50% of the cost for your online classes (Udemy, Coursera, etc);
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees or new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and the ability to move up within the company
- Other perks and benefits that are even not mentioned in a JD;
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends