. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We are a recognized leader in patient and provider education attracting an engaged audience of over 60 million health consumers and over 800,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians to its premier health and wellness websites. Healthcare professionals and consumers are empowered with trusted content and services.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team. This position is ideal for an engineer who enjoys a good amount of variety in their daily work, and seeks to get their hands on new technologies as much as possible. If you’re interested in your
work having visibility and impact, rather than being a dime-a-dozen coder, keep reading. The Data Engineering team, working closely with Data Science and Data Analytics, is at the nexus of the P&P division’s engineering efforts. Our team’s role within the company is increasingly vital and important, as we become an increasingly data-driven business. We collaborate with a varied set of our colleagues across the organization, with teams ranging from Web & App Development to Sales & Marketing, and most others in between.
- We manage a network of healthcare websites.
- We love collaboration, always desire to understand the business problem we’re solving, push decisions
down as low as possible, and want to further our culture of innovation.
- We have a multinational and multicultural team.
- Team size is 75 engineers. There are up to 10 teams with 7-8 engineers.
- Time overlap should be with Eastern US.
- Location: LATAM.
- Start Date: ASAP.
- 7+ years of professional software development.
- At least 5 of those years specifically working directly with data.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with multiple SQL dialects.
- Foundational understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Proficiency with shell scripting and Linux.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and architecture.
- Python or Java or C#.
- PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- AWS: SQS, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB, or similar from Google Cloud.
- AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake.
- Apache Airflow experience.
- At least 3 years working in the cloud (AWS, GCP, or Azure) preferred.
- At least 3 years working with Big Data concepts and systems, preferred.
- Some exposure to non-relational or NoSQL database systems.
- Fluency in more than one programming/scripting language.
- Exceptional communication, both with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experienced collaboration skills, up/down/across a mid-sized organization.
- Ability to thrive in a landscape of rapid evolution and varied tasks.
- Ability to see tasks thru from requirements gathering all the way to deployment.
- A strong tendency to be self-driven and self-motivated.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy.
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
- Free English Lessons.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends