. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We are working to make counting calories simpler, was created to help members reach a healthy weight by providing them with the tools they need for success. As one of the first apps in the app store and an early pioneer of calorie counting, we have spent the last decade helping more than 40 million members lose more than 100 million pounds. Top performing companies recognize the power of an engaged, focused, and healthy workforce in driving better business outcomes. Provide a clear path to new skills and total wellness with Challenges!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to come in and help us define & deliver our web enterprise product roadmap. You will help shape the future of our enterprise corporate product offerings, from challenge administration and enterprise dashboards to our website.
- The app is built on: Java, MySQL, and AWS.
- Mobile Native: iOS – Swift; Android – Kotlin
- A web app – does not exist yet. The front-end engineer has to architect it from scratch. We already have UI/UX designs.
- Correto 8 JVM provided by Amazon
- We run tomcat on that for the webserver.
- Team members are in the United States. We have people in the US (West coast), South Carolina, etc.
- Overlap with PST from 9 am to 2 pm (8 am to 5 pm would be ideal)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles (or similar front-end
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and server-side languages like Java, .Net or Python.
- Experience with a database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle.
- Experience with a version control system such as GIT.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Experience in Fitness or Healthcare domain.
- Positive mindset, Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Building a new user-facing challenge administration website.
- Developing a flexible and well-designed frontend architecture.
- Designing and creating the API endpoints needed for the website.
- Understanding business requirements and translating them into an intuitive user experience.
- Working with a UX designer to manage/redesign an intuitive user experience.
- Working with analytics tools to help users visualize data about their challenges.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- We will cover 50% of the cost for your online classes (Udemy, Coursera, etc);
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees or new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and the ability to move up within the company
- Other perks and benefits that are even not mentioned in a JD;
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends