. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
Our software allows user to realize and coordinate the whole periodic financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. From mid-sized companies to large multinationals, our customers have financial departments with accountants, financials controllers, etc. who are support the CFO and other executives in making financial decisions. In such departments, it is used for aligning budgets cross departments, creating dashboards to showcase financial health, or doing ad-hoc analysis (to name a few).
Our software is mostly loved for its flexible data modeling capability. That means our users can structure financial information pretty much any way they want. In that sense, to make a small analogy, what SQL management studio is for software engineers is what it is for financial administrators. Software engineers user to create database schemas, financial administrators to define so called dimensions and object structures. Software engineers have an API or some UI to insert/view database entries, Our software provides such a UI tailored for the financial domain with Our software reports and input forms. Another analogy: what for software engineers are pull requests (mechanism to review code, approve/reject, make a change to master) is what Our software workflows are financial controllers (mechanism to review reports, comments on them, engage is audited discussions, approve budgets etc).
We currently have 9 Software engineers, 3 QA, 1 UX, 1 PO. The team is geographically distributed and fully adjusted to remote work, with people based in Sweden, India, and the Netherlands. A normal scrum process is followed in 2-week sprints (stand-ups, planning, retro, review). Each of the two teams is a full-stack team, so every engineer can pick up work in any part of the system. For a long, we’ve been 1 team but now we’re splitting into 2 teams, each one containing 4-5 devs and 1-2 QA. The developers are in regular contact with our partners and users (there’s a monthly call-in place to prioritize roadmap and discuss initiatives with the clients). All work items are in a JIRA backlog, estimations done by the scrum team during the refinements. Tools: Daily communication is Outlook + Slack + Zoom. More long-term documentation is all in Confluence, with lots of video recordings.
- Our software is a cloud-hosted application, although originally started as an on-premise solution, new customers are now only on Cloud
- Tech stack: Angular 12 frontend (with Typescript, RxJS, Karma à migrating to Jest), .NET backend exposing HTTP WebApis, SQL Server
- Cloud hosting: AWS, Azure (DevOps is in the separate department)
- Azure DevOps is used for CI/CD, repo’s, PRs, pipelines
- We have automated quality and security checks in the CI pipelines (SonarCloud, Snyk)
- Git of course is used version control system
- CI / auxiliary scripts are written in PowerShell
We’re looking for someone who is
- Senior full-stack developer, experienced (5+ years) with our tech stack, domain-driven design, and large-scale products
- Affinity to the frontend is preferred
- Well versed in Scrum, able to contribute and steer the team to continuously improve, both technically (how the code is designed) and process-wise (how we interact as a team)
- Feels comfortable troubleshooting, not intimidated by the new or unknown parts of the system
- Experience with unit testing is crucial (both on frontend and backend, TDD approach)
- Practical knowledge of design patterns + SOLID design principles
- Proactively aligning design decisions and push for teamwork instead of a lone-wolf that’s gonna solve problems by him/herself
Development of a new UI functionality.
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted.
– Long term employment;
– Flexible working hours and remote work;
– Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
– Career growth opportunities;
– Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
– A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends