. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
Senior software engineer role, using Python and various databases to develop horizontally scalable, microservice applications. Work within an agile team to produce iterative improvements and features delivered to customer via containerized software deliverables.
Our mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. With R&D in Kirkland, Washington USA and Monterrey Mexico, we are passionate about the creation of disruptive technologies, engineering excellence in the development of our solutions and delivering substantial value to our customers.
- Our Initial product acquired by Nokia. Selling our products to telecom companies. Seattle-based core team. Monterrey, Mexico most team members.
- All remote now, but plan to switch to the hybrid later.
- Team size – 10-12 developers, 4 DevOps, 6 RF analysts.
- Duration of the project 1 or 2+ years.
- Hardware/Software Requirements – Unix (Linux, Ubuntu) . Engineer will get a Mac laptop from us. Pay for Relocation to Monterrey or Mexico if necessary.
- 1-2 interviews. 0.5hr with Head of Engineering and 2hrs with Principal Engineer and a team.
- Ideal start date – ASAP.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in a modern objected-oriented programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Strong debugging and profiling skills.
- REST API client and backend development.
- Unit-tests knowledge.
- 4+ years of Python development.
- Flask framework.
- Containerized software applications experience – Docker and Kubernetes.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Agile software development.
- MongoDB, Kafka, InfluxDB, Kubernetes monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning.
- Flask, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Gunicorn development experience.
- Design, implement, maintain scalable microservice applications running in a cloud environment.
- Perform code reviews, design reviews to ensure performant, high quality software makes its way into production.
- Identify areas of file I/O, networking, CPU, memory performance optimizations using production monitoring tools and profilers.
- Collaborate with architects to take technical decisions regarding programming language, database, delivery, and solution architecture.
- Mentor junior engineers and review their contributions to the codebase.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends