. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We build next-generation Financial software. Our Data and AI-driven solutions help businesses with transparent B2C and B2B banking, credit, and payment solutions.
The Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for boosting the testing efficiency of the entire Engineering department by building test tools, services, and frameworks for our complex lending platform. This person will work closely with QA, Dev, and DevOps.
The right candidate loves building tools for technical people. This person knows that a good tool is composed of a few things:
- A well-designed interface may be CLI, HTTP API, or even a Python/Ruby Library API.
- Designed for thoughtful extensibility by fellow QA or Dev.
- Great tutorial and API documentation to easily promote adoption and contribution.
The right candidate is a developer who thinks testing is exciting and believes all forms (manual to automated) can be made faster, more efficient, and more accurate with the right kind of tools.
- Engineers test their own code. Engineers in test/QA’s – work with Engineers to ensure the whole component design works well. Making sure we have headless API, right
3rd party integrations, etc. That should be ENGINEER in TEST position, which means you do a lot of AUTOMATED testing ONLY. There might be some manual work, but the focus is on lowering manual work to 0% as soon as possible as we are heavily focused on scalability and performance.
- The contractor receives the same benefits as internals.
- The US-based team is in Chicago, IL.
- There is also a large team in Europe, Ukraine (UA team works US hours till 3 pm EST).
- Stand-ups 10-11 am EST, and all hands WED 10-11 am EST (All cadence meetings are before 12pm EST)
- Ruby/RoR + Python + some Java
- Testing is mainly done via Selenium + Cucumber
- Monday – Thursday – daily releases (we have end to end CI/CD using Cirkle CI)
- Codebase? – new code on Ruby 2.7.2., Rails 5.2.6. Reusable components, refactoring some things we’re doing. API’s for bank information – going to use these along across the entire codebase and multiple products.
- Unit tests coverage? 70%. For some parts and 20% for other parts
- Execution time less than 3 mins for regression testing.
- Three interview stages:
- 1 – Director of an Engineering interview – 30 mins
2 – QA lead meeting – 60 mins deep tech dive
3 – CEO meeting – 20 mins – culture fit
We are looking for the first Software Engineer in Test to join our team. Being the first is special because it sets the pattern for future hires in this position.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend or QA software engineer for non-trivial web applications
- Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience building libraries, CLI tools, and services for developers and QA
- Strong ability to write technical documentation.
- Experience setting up and enhancing CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
- Extensive experience using SQL and working with Postgres
- Experience working with Frontend developers
- Strong experience in DevOps
- Expertise in Ruby and Python
- Experience in Data-Driven testing
You will be part of the QA team whose mission is not simply to test. Instead, the QA team’s mission is to protect the Business and Platform. Our QA team certainly does manual and automated testing. However, they also merge project branches, cut release branches, and perform release management and post-release monitoring because of their greater mission.
- work closely with DevOps on improving the general execution time of our automated regression system.
- Build custom Python and Ruby libraries that generate test data, such as product customers approved for a loan in testing.
- Improve the thImprovety of QA’s automated testing development by designing and implementing better abstractions for the QA team to construct regression tests.
- Will integrate into various 3rd party test tools to expand the type of testing QA can do.
- Will build a system to track the long-term QA metrics desired by the VP of Engineering, such as the probability of test failure based on historical unit/regression test runs and code churn.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Flexible working hours and remote work;
- 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends