. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We build next-generation Financial software. Our Data and AI-driven solutions help businesses with transparent B2C and B2B banking, credit, and payment solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building new systems, enhancing and refactoring existing systems, integrating with external systems, and performing projects. This person will work closely with PMs, Engineering Leads, and fellow engineers.
This person has built systems from the ground up and dealt with bad design assumptions and scaling issues. The right candidate has developed good design instincts through a mix of seeing “what not to do” and being a “student” of good design.
- As an Engineer, you will work on designs as well as execution against those + do documentation on the solution + test your own code in the pipelines. Software Engineers test their own code. However, we have engineers in test/QA’s that work with Engineers to ensure the whole component design works well. Making sure we have headless API, right 3rd party integrations, etc.
- The contractor receives the same benefits as internals.
- The US-based team is in Chicago, IL.
- There is also a large team in Europe, Ukraine (UA team works US hours till 3 pm EST).
- Stand-ups 10-11 am EST, and all hands WED 10-11 am EST (All cadence meetings are before 12 pm EST)
- Ruby/RoR + Python + some Java
- Testing is mainly done via Selenium + Cucumber
- Monday – Thursday – daily releases (we have end to end CI/CD using Cirkle CI)
- Codebase? – new code on Ruby 2.7.2., Rails 5.2.6. Reusable components, refactoring some things we’re doing. API’s for bank information – going to use these along across the entire codebase and multiple products.
- Unit tests coverage? 70%. For some parts and 20% for other parts
- Execution time less than 3 mins for regression testing.
- Three interview stages:
- 1 – Director of an Engineering interview – 30 mins
2 – QA lead meeting – 60 mins deep tech dive
3 – CEO meeting – 20 mins – culture fit
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer for non-trivial web applications
- Experience working with Frontend developers
- Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
- Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience working with heavy web application development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience with data model design for relational databases
- Extensive experience using SQL to investigate non-trivial issues or to create complex reporting
- Strong experience on the Frontend or the infrastructure (DevOps)
- Experience working in Ruby and Python
You’ll be part of a team that works in one of the following areas.
- Underwriting which decides if a customer is approved for a loan
- A loan management system that involves 3rd party integrations and the general state machine of a loan
- Marketing which involves bidding and processing loan applications through multiple marketing channels
- Performance projects involving a mix of application code and interactions with our Postgres DB; business is good and we need to scale.
- You will work closely with your technical lead to shape the overall Engineering vision and roadmap.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Flexible working hours and remote work;
- 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends