. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
SaaS-based multi-channel marketing tool (email & SMS). Our team is engaged on an extensive project list in 2022 which will exceed their capacity. We are looking to build a number of teams to work on some of these.
We are looking for a highly motivated 2 x Java software engineers to help grow our business and brand by delivering high quality code and continuously improve our platform. You will have the chance to push your development skills to the limit, expand your abilities and work on multiple projects as part of one of the best development teams in Canada, USA, Ukraine, India, Argentina and Brasil.
In this role you will participate in the agile ceremonies, writing functional code and fixing bugs. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are passionate about the Java development, Cloud development, and software design, we’d like to meet you.
Multinational team – good English is a must.
- 10+ Engineers in Ottawa, CANADA
- 7+ QA testers in India (70% is manual, 30% is automated testing)
- Several Software engineers and QA engineers in other countries (including Ukraine, Brasil, Argentina, Colombia etc)
- We usually have 3-5 people in a team.
- We use mainly.NET core (v.5x and v6.x).
- MS SQL, Redis, MySQL.
- Our product is DB-driven. Good DB knowledge would be a huge plus.
- Postman and C#+Selenium would be very helpful.
- Jira and Zephyr.
- Part of our codebase is a legacy Webforms, MVC.
- Microservices, Docker containers + Kubernetes architecture.
- We have a separate DevOps team. It has Cloud on AWS + On-Prem (local servers) but we are tending to AWS. Heavily use EC2 instances.
- There is a unit-test coverage. It varies per project. Software Engineers test their own code as well. After them, we have a QA dept that test their code. We are doing more and more Automated testing, however, there is still significant Manual work. Mostly Selenium.
- The platform was created in the early 2000th. There is still some legacy code in place.
- Interview stages are 30 mins with a Software Architect or QA lead, 60 mins with a Team Leads, and a welcome call with a CEO.
- If a candidate is strong enough we will proceed with just one interview.
- Technology Stack for the OLD Java codebase is below:
- Java 8
- JBoss 4.2.1 (upgrade long due)
- SQL Server (Shard)
- SOAP Interface
- JDBC API and Custom ORM for persistence
We will need full business hours to overlap with our core team in Canada and the US (at least from 10am to 3pm EST)
- The Backend system is a JEE Java Application deployed in the JBoss Application Server (version:4.2.1). It uses PMTA (https://www.port25.com/
powermta/) to merge and send the emails. The emails are sent in a Mail Merge Session so that we leverage PMTA’s merge capability to deliver the emails efficiently. Following outlines the most important functionalities BE provides to the Mailing System:
- Processes Merge Fields
- Handles any other type of personalization features like Conditional Content and Computed Fields
- Adds Unsubscribe Message, pre-header and any other header and meta-data fields required by SMTP protocol
- Creates Tracking pixel and Tracking links
- Renders View Online content
- Handles incoming mails like Replies and Forwards
- Handles Bounces
- Handles deliverability using Rules engine (Making sure we don’t send the emails to recipients we are not supposed to send)
- Interview stages are 30 mins with an Architect, 60 mins with a Team Leads and welcome call with a CEO
- Demonstrable experience of programming in Java
- Demonstrable experience in building REST-APIs
- Very good knowledge of English
- Full business hours overlap with our core team in Canada and the US (from 9am to 5pm EST)
- Completed (business) computer science studies or comparable professional experience
- High demand on quality & testability of own source code
- Independent, structured, and systematic way of working
- EE, Spring, Hibernate, JBoss etc. knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of email marketing business context is an advantage
- Knowledge in the use of JIRA/Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and agile development methods (Scrum) is helpful
- Design, develop and implement in a complex financial business context.
- Conduct programming, testing, review, and debugging.
- Independent design and implementation of new components for our standard software
- Consider given Frameworks, data model, and architectural design decisions or have the ability to add needed functionality
- Meet quality standards for reviews, unit and transactional tests
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Work in an international team
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Flexible working hours and remote work;
- 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends