We’re looking for a creative, talented Senior Database Engineer to join our fast-growing Software Engineering group. Working on an Agile development team, you will be responsible for developing, and supporting our class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing the office of the CFO.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for software development, deeply care about code quality, and be committed to software craftsmanship.
Project from a scratch. Potential start May 15, 2021
- 1 Software Architect
- 2 Senior/Lead and Middle C# Engineers (LATAM only)
- 2 Senior/Lead and Middle JS/React Engineers (LATAM only)
- 1 QA (Ranorex etc) (LATAM only)
- 2 Senior/Lead CloudOps (LATAM and CEE)
- 2 Senior DBA’s (LATAM)
Daily stand-ups around 9-11 am EST
2 or 3-week sprints/SCRUM/Jira/Slack
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices.
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment.
- Effective Communicator – Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills – a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-Improvement – actively self-improves through individual learning, coursework, or otherwise.
Must. In order of importance:
- 5+ years of commercial DB engineering experience.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Cloud Databases especially AWS Managed Databases such as Aurora MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with Cloud Database management and configurations in the areas of; Cloud DB Performance, Cost Optimization, Multiregional, Scalability, Replication, Utilization, Security, Accounts optimization
- Hands-on working with SQL, PL/SQL for structured and non-structured data, and SQL & ORM Query optimization and tuning.
- Good knowledge in C# .NET
- Familiarity with implementing and supporting databases in an AWS Cloud Infrastructure environment.
- Must be able to identify and implement improvements for DB tables/schemas by indexing, keys, costing, etc.
Would be a plus. In order of importance:
- Knowledge of MVVC architectures and frameworks such as Node, Nest, Spring-Hibernate is a plus
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData is a plus
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes is a plus
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket is a plus
- Familiarity in writing automated tests using the NUnit testing framework is a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline is a plus
- Writing advanced SQL, analyzing developer SQL and make recommendations for performance tuning SQL, rewriting SQL, or adding indexes for efficiency and creating/updating stored procedures.
- Creating stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, Logical and Physical database design.
- Operate in an agile development team and participate in the design, development, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Work with a technical lead and product manager to clearly define product requirements.
- Work with colleagues and engineering leadership to define technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
- Identify improvements to reduce technical debt.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted. This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Fewer sick days
- More time with family and friends