. . . create world-changing products using God-given talents . . .
We are a Technology company with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM) reporting solutions.
We’re looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to join our fast-growing Software Engineering group. Working on an Agile development team, you will be responsible for supporting and enhancing our best-of-class financial reporting and uploading products.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for software development, deeply care about code quality, and be committed to software craftsmanship.
- The product runs 3 different parts. Oracle, SAP, and custom parts. Oracle and SAP are at the support stage.
- Your main responsibility will be a maintenance, troubleshooting, and rewriting some old Java 8 or Java 11 stuff to Java 17.
- Daily stand-ups are flexible. Sprint retro’s and planning every 3 weeks.
- Candidates must be able to overlap 2-3 hrs with the Sydney team.
- Location for a resource Asia, North and South Africa
- Team size – Head of engineering, 2 SAP engineers (in South Africa and the UK), QA engineer/Ranorex in India.
- The duration of the assignment is 1+ years.
- Equipment needed? OS? PC, the laptop should be fine. Windows is a hard requirement. macOS or Linux wouldn’t work out.
- 1 x 1hr interview with Head of Engineering.
- Mid-April is the ideal start date
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical background..
- 5+ years of commercial software engineering experience.
- Proficient in Java 8 (majority of the project is written on Java 8 and 11)
- Frameworks are not a must, because we use Java Core.
- Experience with later Java versions specifically Java 12-17 (we are updating many things to Java 17, module packages)
- High proficiency in writing automated tests using the JUnit testing framework.
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development environment
- Hands-on with SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Databases, and SQL Optimization
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.x and 12.2.x
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- DevOps mindset with proven ability to architect and optimize an agile CI/CD pipeline including continuous testing
- Experience with DevOps, and Jenkins+Maven integrations including SonarCloud, Jacoco, and Snyk all an added bonus.
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems, specifically Bitbucket, Git, and SourceTree.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel VBA add-ins
- Any accounting background and experience would also be beneficial
- Reading, understanding, and enhancing an extensive and established Java-based code repository supporting multiple products
- Level 3 support, working directly with the Product Support team and customers.
- Troubleshooting Oracle PL/SQL and SQL statements
- Operate in an agile development team and participate in the design, development, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Work with a technical lead and product manager to clearly define product requirements.
- Work with colleagues and engineering leadership to define technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
- Identify improvements to reduce technical debt.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Flexible working hours;
- Home office allowance
- 10 days of paid national holidays;
- 15 days of a paid vacation;
- 10 days of non-paid vacation;
- We will cover 50% of the cost for your online classes (Udemy, Coursera, etc);
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees or new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Zero bureaucracy, no punks, no jerks culture;
- Growth opportunities and the ability to move up within the company
- other perks and benefits that are even not mentioned in a JD;
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends