We are looking for a Senior Manual QA/Postman Engineer for a full-time remote position to join our team. The company provides descriptive product and nutritional information, images, and other digital media, powered by deep analytics to empower engaging brand experiences online and in-store. Through Client’s integrated platform, Content Experience Hub, clients can publish, manage, syndicate, and audit product content across the largest trading network of brands and recipients in the world.
- 8 people in a QA team
- Team size – 30 people
- Daily Stand-ups at 10 am EST
- Jira/Slack for the workflow
- Proficient in REST API, Microservices, Web services, and API integration testing using Postman
- Proficient in submitting and inspecting API payloads, troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of the Postman tool and its features for collection, parameterization, etc.
Express thoughts clearly
- Ability to define and execute backend software testing, provide testing reports, define test data for positive and negative test scenarios, understanding the source and target mappings, etc.
- Strong understanding of software testing life cycle with a focus on software backend testing
- Proficient in testing data in import and export files
- Good understanding of JSON and XML, schema validations, JSON and XML payload manipulation for testing purpose
- Good understanding of various HTTP methods, HTTP status codes, and API endpoints for the purpose of testing
- Knowledge of how to use Microsoft Azure blob storage in terms of file upload/download, Azure App Insights for inspecting log and exceptions
- Knowledge of JIRA for work item life cycle management is a big plus
- 4+ years of professional experience in software backend (APIs, data) testing using relevant technologies
- Test data imports and exports supporting file formats such as Delimited text, Excel, Access, XML, JSON etc.
- Create API and data testing plans, test cases, etc.
- Test REST APIs used for data exports and imports, system integration, etc.
- Test microservices, web services, and other middle layer components in software
- Use POSTMAN as a primary tool for all API testing
- Create/Modify JSON, XML payload for testing various positive and negative scenarios in API
- Retrieve and inspect the API payload blob files from Azure blob storage
- Inspect the exceptions logged in Azure App Insights for finding patterns of issues/defects
- Test data mappings and transformations for accuracy of data in import and export scenarios
- Use JIRA to log all defects and work with that tool for typical work item life cycle
- Be a part of a larger development team and also interface with Product, Project, DevOps, and Development teams
- Use Agile and Kanban methodologies for SDLC. Maintain work backlog through JIRA
- Collaborate with team members across multiple geographic locations as well as time zones
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted. This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Fewer sick days
- More time with family and friends