- As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for testing automation and quality assurance for our class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing the office of the CFO.
- Working closely with Software Engineers, you will contribute to best practices throughout the
development lifecycle and advocate the right approach to ensure quality and delivery excellence
- We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done
while having a positive influence on our workplace environment.
- The successful candidate must have a passion for automation, be committed to continuous improvement, and demonstrate a relentless
pursuit of quality.
Project from a scratch. Potential start May 15, 2021
- 1 Software Architect
- 2 Senior/Lead and Middle C# Engineers (LATAM only)
- 2 Senior/Lead and Middle JS/React Engineers (LATAM only)
- 1 QA (Ranorex etc) (LATAM only)
- 2 Senior/Lead CloudOps (LATAM and CEE)
Daily stand-ups around 9-11 am EST
2 or 3 week sprints/SCRUM/Jira/Slack
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and
adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing testing best practices.
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment.
- Effective Communicator – Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills – a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks
- Self-Improvement – actively self-improves through individual learning, coursework, or otherwise.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of commercial software testing automation experience.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern language like C# or Java
- Experience with test automation tools and infrastructure, Ranorex, Selenium & Jenkins highly
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData.
- Understanding of software development process, best practices, and concepts
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and maintaining test cases and test suites using Data-Driven
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban development environment
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing
solutions and methodologies
- Implementation and maintenance of Automated Test Infrastructure and Test Suites
- Roll out our test strategy on an iterative basis continuously improving transparency and efficiency
- Align automation with the speed of development. Make informed decisions on what, how, and
when to automate.
- Identify test conditions, both positive and negative, from User Stories, Product Backlog Items, and
other requirements documents.
- Create test cases with pre-conditions including machine state, configuration and data; action steps
which exercise the code; and expected results for successful execution
- Execute test cases, document results, update progress and track bugs
- Use both manual and automation testing techniques to identify, track and report existing bugs as
well as potential areas of risk in our software
- Support releases by planning, estimating and tracking the testing efforts and communicating status
to stakeholders regularly
- Design and execute non-functional testing (e.g., performance, security and accessibility) by using
standard testing techniques
- Mitigate risk by using different testing approaches and tools. The testing approach should focus on
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives, and other meetings as needed
- Serve as an initial point of escalation for testing issues and escalate accordingly
- Operate in an agile development team and participate in the design, development, testing, and
debugging of applications.
- Work with a technical lead and product manager to clearly define product requirements.
One of our founding principles at Evolve Squads is to encourage our developers, with the cooperation of their hiring managers the ability to work remotely when permitted. This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Fewer sick days
- More time with family and friends