We’re looking for a creative, talented Senior Software Architect to join our fast-growing Software Engineering group. Working with Agile development teams, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing our class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing the office of the CFO. The Senior Software Architect collaborates with Product Management to shape conceptual ideas into effective product features, making architecture & design decisions and implementing for optimized speed and scalability.
The Senior Software Architect will work cross-functionally across our software engineering teams to implement cohesive, scalable, and maintainable capabilities for our products. The ideal candidate loves solving technical problems as simply as possible, is passionate about fostering an environment of innovation that delivers, and prefers to explain things to engineers with code patterns rather than pictures. In addition, experience with business analytics and data warehousing is essential for success in this role.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done while positively influencing our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for software development, deeply care about code quality, and be committed to craftsmanship.
- EST business hours availability.
6+ Months assignment
3 interviews:VP of engineering interview (45 minutes)Technical Architecture interview (with an architect team, 1 hour)CTO Interview (30 minutes)
- 5+ years of experience as an application architect.
- 5+ years of experience developing Business Analytics and/or Data Warehouse products. Deep experience .NET platform; Java/J2EE experience is beneficial.
- Experience with ODBC API and SQL.
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData.
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Experience with APM and log aggregation tools – New Relic, DataDog, App Dynamics, Splunk, ELK stack.
- DevOps mindset with proven ability to architect and optimize an agile CI/CD pipeline, including continuous testing.
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket.
- Desktop development experience is advantageous.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices.
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment.
- Effective Communicator – Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills – a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-Improvement – actively self-improves through individual learning, coursework, or otherwise.
- Work with and lead the product development teams across multiple product lines to select appropriate technologies and develop architectural patterns for product capabilities.
- Dive deep to understand areas of technical debt and develop plans to relieve it. Frequently get your hands into the code to help design, implement, and troubleshoot in critical areas.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable designs that are easy to maintain and extend. Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
- Provide technical mentoring to less-experienced engineers.
- Assist product owners in backlog grooming, story breakdown, and story estimation.
- Creates proof of concepts for new ideas that answer key questions of feasibility, desirability, and viability.
At Evolve Squads, we create world-changing products using God-given talents.
Honored to offer you:
- Long term projects (1, 2, even 5+ years);
- Flexible working hours and remote work;
- 15 days of a paid vacation, 10 days of non-paid vacation, 10 days national holidays;
- Health working environment and projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Bonuses for a personal recommendation of new employees new business;
- A working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
This flexibility allows developers…
- A better work-life balance
- Increased productivity
- The ability to work any time around the clock
- Reduction in commute time
- Less sick days
- More time with family and friends